THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, May 13, 2010

May 12, 2010




Wednesday?! What? Yes. I am here an extra day this week. :)



Holidaze
from www.brownielocks.com

May is Personal History Month. So, my name is Jessi, I was born in Kingsville but raised in Maine….(fades out to blah blah blah)
May is also Revise Your Work Schedule Month.

This week is Universal Family Week.

Today is National Nutty Fudge Day!!
It's also Second and Third Shift Workers Day, Receptionists Day, and Limerick Day!



Today in History
from www.todayinhistory.com

1777 1st ice cream advertisement (Philip Lenzi-NY Gazette)
1792 Toilet that flushes itself at regular intervals is patented
1932 Goofy, aka Dippy Dawg, 1st appears in 'Mickey's Revue' by Walt Disney
1959 Liz Taylor's 4th marriage (Eddie Fisher)
1963 Bob Dylan walks off Ed Sullivan Show
1977 1st quadrophonic concert (Pink Floyd in London)


Word of the Day
from www.dictionary.com

malapert - unbecomingly bold or saucy. (( giggle ))



Personal
from the life & times of jessi bean
♥jmb♥

On the bright side! Despite being terrified of any ripple in my sheets (I tore the bed apart before finally deciding I better get some sleep), I was not stung by any more scorpions. Mwah hahahaha.

John got offered ICP tickets to work on a car. He's considering not going.

I'm considering flying to OhiO and ganking them from him.



Live…From California!!
from the adventures of SPA (my nephew & his friends)

:: crying ::
So, my nephew read the dOrk fOrces from Monday and informed me that he does, in fact, on occasion, smoke cigarettes.



People of Chase
from the life & times of … you!


Thanks, Melissa, for lending me your Il Divo CDs. I've been listening to Il Divo nonstop for two days straight now.
Steffi! Guess what?! I found your lime! But it was out in the sun too long…






Scary Spice's Song Promotion of the Day
(there ya go, Jan. got mahself a nicky-name. because My Gal Friday said I was scary spice for posting a pic of the scorpion that bit me up on FaceBook. or MySpace. one of them)

Walk Away by Ben Harper
Lost by Gorilla Zoe
Angel of Mercy by Jonny Lang

Midweek Bonus:
Scarred by Kevin Rudolf


My Gal Friday…Steffi Style Song Promotion of the Day

Dani California by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Cry Baby by Janis Joplin
Gypsy by Fleetwood Mac

Midweek bonus:
Wild, Wild West by Escape Club


Scruffles Song Promotion of the Day

Nothing's Left by ICP
Monsters Ball by Twiztid
We Won't Die by Twiztid

Midweek bonus:
All I Ever Wanted by Twiztid



Quotes
from www.thinkexist.com

“Seeing death as the end of life is like seeing the horizon as the end of the ocean.” ~David Searls

“One kernel is felt in a hogshead; one drop of water helps to swell the ocean; a spark of fire helps to give light to the world. None are too small, too feeble, too poor to be of service. Think of this and act.” ~Hannah Moore

“In one drop of water are found all the secrets of all the oceans” ~Kahlil Gibran


“Roll on, thou deep and dark blue Ocean - roll! Ten thousand fleets sweep over thee in vain; Man marks the earth with ruin - his control stops with the shore.”
~Lord Byron


Quotes
from random friends, family, etc.

sometimes I think I should just dump the bottle of bleach over my head.....I promise I have more Jessica Simpson moments than Jessica Simpson does. I guess I'm still baffled myself that Chicken of the Sea really is Tuna!!!!! LoL
~My Gal Friday...Steffi Style


WikiWikiWikiWiki
from www.wikipedia.org

Have you seen 300?

The Pythia (Greek: Πυθία) was the priestess at the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, located on the slopes of Mount Parnassus. The Pythia was widely credited for her prophecies inspired by Apollo, giving her a prominence unusual for a woman in male-dominated ancient Greece. The Delphic oracle was established in the 8th century BC.[1] The last recorded response was given in AD 393, when the emperor Theodosius I ordered pagan temples to cease operation. During this period the Delphic Oracle was the most prestigious and authoritative oracle in the Greek world. The oracle is one of the best-documented religious institutions of the classical Greek world. Writers who mention the oracle include Herodotus, Thucydides, Euripides, Sophocles, Plato, Aristotle, Pindar, Aeschylus, Xenophon, Diodorus, Strabo, Pausanias, Plutarch, Livy, Justin, Ovid, Lucan, Julian, and Clement of Alexandria.

(from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythia)



My Life is Average
www.mylifeisaverage.com

I was spending the day with my boyfriend and drifted off while he was playing call of duty. An hour later I woke myself up talking in my sleep. My boyfriend was now staring at me and I asked him what was wrong. He told me I had just been having a conversation with Sean Connery in my sleep. MLIA.

Today I was having trouble focusing on my homework when my dad turned on the fireplace. I ran downstairs to sit by the fireplace with my homework. why? because I wanted to feel like hermione granger in the Gryffindor common room. it worked. I finished all my homework. MLIA

Today, I was at school. Everyone was talking about how much they love Twilight. Not even two seconds later, you see a guy with glitter all over him, running down the hallway, running from people dressed as Dracula, Alucard, Lestat, Blade and Buffy. I love my school. MLIA

Today, my first choice university sent me an acceptance package. Thrilled, I opened it to find the standard letter, a book about the campus, and a small package of confetti with step-by-step instructions for a happy dance. I knew I picked right. MLIA


Learn from My Fail
from www.learnfrommyfail.com

after a huge ice storm do not dive face first into what you think is snow to make a snow angel…also ice is very unforgiving. #LFMF

When dialing a number on a fax machine, listen to make sure it connects rather than have a co-worker tell you that you accidentally dialed a phone sex number. #LFMF

Don’t assume that it’s cute that your brand new puppy ate a whole bowl of cat food. However, you SHOULD assume that she will have explosive diarrhea all over your sheets and floor in the middle of the night. #LFMF



Customers are Fun
from www.notalwaysright.com

Fish Trek 2: It All Goes Downstream From Here
Bookstore Colorado, USAColorado, USA

Customer: “This book looks interesting. How do I watch it?”
Me: “Watch it?”
Customer: “Yes, where can I find the movie?”
Me: “I don’t think this book has been adapted into a movie.”
Customer: “What do you mean? Where can I go to watch it? I want to know what happens in the book!”
Me: “Forgive me for asking, but if you want to know what happens, why not just read it?”
Customer: “Read? How stupid! Where’s the movie! All books are made into movies so that we don’t have to read them!”
Me: “I am sorry, I can’t help you. This is a book store. Only popular books–usually adventure stories–are adapted into movies. I am quite sure that this book hasn’t been made into a movie.”
Customer: “Why not?!”
Me: “Because it’s a fishing manual.”


Chuck Norris Factoid of the Day
from www.chucknorrisfactoids.com

"Once a cobra bit Chuck Norris' leg. After five days of excruciating pain, the cobra died. "



Funny Pics
from the www.icanhascheezburger.com collection








^the headline for these on the website is "If Tim Burton Were a Middle Aged Woman"
I concur. But still. They are awesome. Would I wear them? No.

Yes!
Man! Gets them every time!



Random Funnies
from www.ahajokes.com





Thank you, thank you. I am here for all eternity.

♥jessi



POEM

http://allpoetry.com/poem/5778701
By Green Stars
The House on Dark Street
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Every window had a curtain
green like underwater gloom
in the shadows lived a girl
sadder than a lonely moon
there she lived with just her mother
and a cat as gold as dusk
in the garden she sat swinging
eating apples red as rust
when the moon was purple glowing
and the damson tree was black
then she heard her mother calling
come on Charlotte
come on back
leaving her beloved garden
where the shadows played with night
Charlotte went into the darkness
and her presence made it bright
there on Dark street they were happy
eating plums by candlelight
people walking by could see them
in the haunting lovely night.




PHOTO

http://lostknightkg.deviantart.com/art/No-Turning-back-163799712
No Turning Back by lostknightkg


0 comments:

Pages

Followers